Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye, Mom

Four months ago, my Mom died. I can't even begin to express my feelings about this. I was nowhere near finished grieving for my Dad and now, Mom is gone too.

I've mentioned here before, on more than one occasion, that I have Mommy issues. It's true. Things were complicated between us. But one thing is certain; I loved her so much. And I knew how she felt about me because she told me. All the time, she told me she loved me, that she was proud of me, that she thought I was smart and beautiful, that she was amazed at the mother I'd become...I could go on for hours. She sometimes did! And now she's gone. And I'm going to miss her so much. I want my mom.

2 comments:

AmbyLand said...

I am so sorry. Death is NOT natural. If it were it wouldn't hurt so much. I hope you are doing ok. *hugs*

Katie J ♥ said...

My condolences Lisa. Losing a parent is so life altering! Hugs are prayers to you.