Sunday, April 12, 2009

Well...I did it again!

I bought another "diet" book. I think I'm mentally ill. For real. Why do I think that a new book (or magazine or workout dvd or piece of fitness equipment etc. etc. etc.) will suddenly provide me with magic fat burning powers? After all I've learned, why do I still look for that magic pill to take it all away?

Anyhow...it's a book about cognitive behavior therapy. It's called The Beck Diet. It's not a diet at all though. It's more of a book about how to stay on a diet. And it's got some good points. But it's also requiring me to put in effort. And I'm kind of avoiding that right now.

Thanks to my blog buddies for checking up on me. I'm still here. Still struggling but hoping to surface soon!

1 comment:

Juice said...

I borrowed that from the library and enjoyed it enough to contemplate buying it. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts.