Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A break from the usual - photo post


This is Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia. Some co-trainees and I went there on my recent trip to Halifax. I don't have much to say right now, so I thought I'd at least post a picture to look at. It was not exactly the height of tourist season while we were there so it seemed very deserted. And it was really windy and COLD! Just looking at this picture makes me shiver! It was a little sad, actually. Peggy's Cove is the site of the Swissair Flight 111 crash in which 229 people died. Even though it happened more than 10 years ago you can't help but quietly reflect on all of those people when you're there. There is also a monument not far from the site of this picture.

2 comments:

Juice said...

Gorgeous photo. It looks like a postcard!

Can't wait for an update post from you. Spring is here! Let the longer days and warmer temps lighten your spirits and renew your motivation. :)

"Jedopi" said...

This is a great picture of the lighthouse. I remember going there as a child. My parents visit Nova Scotia all the time as they have friends in Truro, and they've been to Peggy's Cove many times too.

I was reading some of your older posts and I know how you feel about wanting/needing to lose weight. I have about 50 pounds that I would love to lose (60 would be better, but who are we kidding - I haven't lost more than 10 pounds in the last 17 years)

I have the opposite problem as you though as my husband is very thin. He only weighs about 145-150 lbs and is 5'9'' tall. He loves cookies, donuts, chips, beer, popcorn, pasta, nutella sandwiches and anything else that is a definite no-no for someone on a diet.

Stop by my blog (http://jedopi.blogspot.com/) and read more about me. Jedopi is NOT my real name. I'd love to get more (any) followers that I actually have something in common with. Even if it is just weight issues.