Friday, March 20, 2009

In a rut...

I just can't seem to get my head back in this game!

The decisions that I make now will determine whether I will succeed or fail at this. If I decide to stay on this course of eating poorly and not exercising, I will stay fat. I will get fatter. I will continue to have low energy levels. I will continue to be self-conscious in public. My knees will get sore again and I'll likely end up like my father, requiring knee surgery just to be able to walk. Depression will take over and I'll end up mostly bed-ridden, like my mother. My body will rebel, and rightly so, if I don't keep this commitment I've made to lose weight and be healthier. My body will rebel.

I decided awhile back that my motto here was going to be "Never. Give. Up." because I know full well that if I give up, I will fail. That's all there is to it. So my only chance at success is to never give up. There is no other option.

Now...let's see if that helps.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am in the same place as you are! WE CAN DO THIS! We can win the fight against fat!

Hang in there!!

http://www.momincali.blogspot.com/