Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Untitled

Yesterday went well and today is off to a great start! I kept my points at 21 yesterday. That's considerably lower than my target. Today I'm going to try and do the same. I'm also going to get some exercise. I am SERIOUSLY lacking in that department. I just don't feel like doing it. And I know that it's good for me and it'll help me lose weight faster but the get up and go is just not there...

I made some yummy cabbage and sausage this morning and will be having that for lunch. It was easy. I had about a half of a LARGE bag of coleslaw mix in the fridge that had been there for awhile and I didn't want it to go bad so I chopped an onion and cooked it in 3 teaspoons of olive oil. I added a chopped lean sausage (3 points per) and then threw in the rest of the coleslaw mix. Cooked it until it was all soft then put a bit of salt and a lot of pepper on it and presto! Lunch (times 4, actually...there was a lot of cabbage!) at 2 points per serving! I'll have that with a glass of milk and a Kashi granola bar for "dessert".

I also tried to make the oatmeal "cookies" that were in one of my WW books. The idea is you take one packet of instant oatmeal, add some water, let it stand until thickened and then bake it into 4 cookies. Sounded good. Sounded easy. Actually, it sounded too good to be true...and you know what they say about things that sound too good to be true!! Well, this is NOT the exception to the rule, let me tell you! You know that fake, rubber food that dietitians use to show portion sizes? Yeah...that's what these "cookies" were like. Not impressed. Perhaps the fault lies with me. I may have done something wrong. The instructions were pretty simple though...not sure how I could have messed that up! Oh well. I guess I'll just bake. I've been wanting to make some kind of breakfast cookie anyway. I never have time for breakfast so a cookie, full of yummy, healthy goodness to have with my morning Tim Horton's coffee will be just the ticket!

1 comment:

Juice said...

Yay!!! Sounds like you are doing great. I love the creative use of coleslaw. I have a bag I need to use up as well.

For exercise - instead of making it exercise, why don't you aggressively clean your house for an hour? Make lots of trips from room to room, stretch high and bend low to put things away. You can definitely earn some APs that way and it doesn't feel so much like exercise. Plus the cleaner house is a nice side effect!