Sunday, February 22, 2009

Halifax, NS

I've been away from home for a week now. Only two weeks to go. I really thought I'd be updating more but even when we're not actually in training we're keeping fairly busy. Not only that, I don't want three weeks worth of posts talking about how I'm not making the best food choices but I'm getting more exercise. And how much I miss my family. My girls, mostly. I mean, I miss my husband too...but he and I have had periods of separation as long and longer than this one pretty much since we started dating 13 years ago. We're used to it. But the girls..my gosh...I never knew I could miss someone this much.

There's a storm coming, here in Halifax. I'm sort of looking forward to it. Is that weird? I mean, I don't want to see hurricane winds or anything! But I do love a storm! Maybe.

It does affect the training I'm on, though. And if I have to be here, I'd prefer to just get it done and not miss anything because of the weather. We've already missed half a day because of weather. Oh well. It's not like there's anything that I can do about it.

No comments: