Sunday, February 15, 2009

Freaking out just a little

I'm going away for three weeks. I'm going to to be almost 3,000 km from home. From my family. I wouldn't go if I didn't have to...but I have to. I've never left the girls for this long and though I know they'll be well cared for, I'm going to miss them so stinking much.

Being away from home is either going to be really good for the weight loss effort or it's going to be really bad! I'll have some challenges because I'll be eating out a lot for the next three weeks...but on the other hand I'll have plenty of time to plan my meals and exercise since I'll be all alone. And I'm staying in a room with a fridge, stove and microwave.

Ah well...we'll see. I'm not going to stress about it tooooooo much. But it would be nice to come back and find that I'd lost another pound or two.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Juice said...

Try and see as many positives about this trip as you possibly can. Enjoy taking bubble baths uninterrupted. Sleep through the night! Take advantage of the gym at the hotel (if there is one). Explore the area - ask a native if there are walking paths or interesting neighborhoods to explore. Buy some fresh fruit for your hotel room and challenge yourself to make smart choices while dining out. Think of this as a opportunity to invest in you!