Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Comfort food

Whenever I'm sick, all I want to eat are Mr. Noodles ramen noodles. I don't know if it's because it's easy or what but anyway...that's what I've been eating for the past couple of days. I know they are points killers. But I'm sick and I'm away from home and there's nobody here to baby me...so I'm eating noodles.

The upside (?? I guess ??) is that I was on my feel all day today going from one end of a ship to the other. And I'll be doing the same tomorrow. And the next day. And actually, for all of next week. So when I say my exercise level has increased I'm not kidding around! Will it be enough? Quite frankly, for the next 10 days I don't care. That doesn't mean I'll be hanging out in my room eating chocolate bars and french fries...but I'm not counting points. I'm willing to take any negative consequences that arise from this decision.

Today was not fun. My chest hurts a lot and the cold air made it feel like someone was stabbing me in the throat with every breath. I was gasping for air and people kept asking me if I was alright. I'm not. But there's really no point in getting into it every 15 minutes. Especially since I have to be here and there's nothing anyone can do about my health...I just have to suck it up.

This post is making me sound quite miserable when actually, I feel better than I have since I got here. Emotionally speaking, that is. And so, even though I'm sick, I'm okay. For now.

;-)

No comments: