Saturday, January 17, 2009

What have you learned?

Whenever my WW leader gives out a five pound star, she asks us to share something that we learned with the other WW members. Something that just might help the new people coming in or provide inspiration for the regulars. Well, in anticipation of the day I get my 15 lb star (if not this week, surely next!!) I've been thinking about it. What have I learned? What's keeping me in line this time around?

I've finally figured out that the cold, hard truth is that if I want to lose weight I need to eat less and move more. I mean, we all know this...but we don't really know, if you know what I mean. I realize now that watching my portion sizes and choosing healthy foods is NOT THE SAME as being on a diet. It's just what healthy people do. I've made a conscious decision to never give up. Never. Give. Up.

No comments: