Thursday, January 1, 2009

Motivation station (and HAPPY NEW YEAR!)

First, Happy New Year! I've got a feeling this is going to be a good year :-)



There's a very good chance that I'm going on a three week training course in mid-Feb. It's pretty physically demanding training at times and I'll be with a bunch of people I've never met. People who are probably in pretty good shape.

You know how when you have body issues you always think that everyone else is smaller than you and healthier than you? And usually it's all in your head? The reality is that you're not the fattest and most out of shape person there? Well, this is nothing like that. My job is the kind of job you usually see fairly fit and healthy people working at. There are no fitness requirements (like you'd have if you were a police officer or pro-athlete, for instance!) but they're probably coming soon.

So, this upcoming training is something that I'm going to be stressing about for the next six weeks (if my boss confirms that I'm going, that is). I believe that if I buckle down I can lose a bit more weight and also up my fitness level enough to make a difference in how I feel there. And in how I perform there. But I really need to buckle down.

So. The plan. I'm going to do my best to follow WW to the letter. I can do that for six weeks. I'm also going to exercise, every day. Hard. Now this I'm not so sure about...I've said it before, I'm strong. Stronger than you'd expect. So working out hard isn't a problem. Working out every day? That might be.

But I'll do my very best. Promise.

Here we go!

No comments: