Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's different?

If this blog is ever going to help anyone else, a couple of things have to be present. First, I'm going to have to be successful. That's a no brainer. But I think I'm also going to have to articulate why this time was different.

Is it different? I hope so. I'm staying positive, that's the main thing. I'm not making excuses. I'm medicated! I think that's made a big difference.

But I don't know. I always feel hopeful in the beginning. Then again, this is the most weight I've lost in a long time. And I still feel like I'm going strong. I'm trying to follow the advice I've read in several places over the past couple of weeks. Christmas is a holiDAY not a holiWEEK. Cheesy? Yeah...but pretty true nonetheless. Usually by now I'd have already started. I would have had my annual cookie exchange party and then my husband and I would have eaten all the cookies by ourselves before Christmas! I decided not to have the party this year. Sure, it's fun. But would it have been worth it? I don't think so. Do I feel deprived? Not at all.

So, what's different? Is it just because this time I'm truly NOT looking for the magic book, article, recipe or plan? Maybe. Is it because I came to the realization that there is only one thing that will work and that is to eat less, eat right and move more? I really think that's it. That and my vow to never give up.

Never give up.

No comments: