Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Own Worst Enemy (It's a t.v. show too!)

Yesterday went well. Except for the salt and vinegar chips that my husband gave me that may or may not have put me a point or two over for the day. But I'll take it! Today is going well, also. It's almost dinner, we're having homemade pizza, and I'm doing just fine for points.

I have to say, last night I very nearly blew it. I was downstairs watching "My Own Worst Enemy", it was getting late and I was the only one still up. There was a voice...not a voice exactly, but a feeling...that I should just go upstairs and find something to eat. Something bad. And a lot of it! I started to feel like it really didn't matter what I did. I started to feel like I didn't want to fight anymore. Like I wanted to give up.

I feel like that a lot. But more and more I'm able to pep talk myself out of it and when I can't talk myself out of it I'm more and more likely to say, "Well, tough luck buddy! The answer is no and that's it. Quit even thinking about it!" Which is what I had to do last night. I looked in my WW book for a 0 point snack and had that before I went to bed. It was all good. :-)

So, there you go. If you're struggling and a pep talk won't work, pretend you're talking to a 4 year old! And put your foot down!

1 comment:

Juice said...

Ooooh - I needed this advice last week. I'm paying for it now! But it's ok, it's a learning experience.