Monday, December 1, 2008

It all started with a hot chocolate

I am so cranky! My poor girls are well aware, too. Although I do try to keep it in check.

Anyway...I was trying to remember what triggered my downward spiral into old habits and I have to say, I think it was the hot chocolate!

Tim Horton's has a special candy cane hot chocolate on during the holidays. I'm not really a hot chocolate person, but it sounded so festive! I was going out shopping on Saturday and I thought I might indulge while I was out by myself. Then I figured out the points. SIX! Six points for some hot chocolate. No way was I going to do that! Not worth it by a long shot.

So, I'm driving to the mall and I'm thinking about what I'd already eaten that day. I'd had WW pancakes for breakfast and a salad for lunch. I was doing really well on points and figured I'd go ahead and treat myself. Even using 6 points, I should have had plenty of points left for dinner. And if not, well, that's what those Flex points are for...right?

But here's something I forget again and again. Sugar makes me crave. It makes me crave more sugar in any form. Chocolate, candy, pasta, bread...you name it. And I lose control. And that's exactly what happened.

And here's the kicker. The candy cane hot chocolate? Not that hot...not six points hot, anyway. It was in a SMALL cup (8 oz, I think) and I guess they'd put whipped cream on it but it dissolved by the time it got to me and so all that was left was empty space in my cup! I'll bet I actually only had about 6 oz of hot chocolate. At one point per oz! Actually, I'm pretty sure it was 6 points for the medium...but when I got home and checked it was still 5 points for the small. Ridiculous!

Something to note for next time.

No comments: