Monday, November 10, 2008

NSV!

One of the reasons I struggle so badly on evening shifts is because my day is so full that it's hard to find the time to exercise. On day shifts, I can go and walk on my treadmill or play Wii Fit after Berio is in bed. Hubs will watch a movie with Bones or something until it's time for her to go to bed and if I'm not done working out, will put her to bed. It's not hard to find time.

When I'm working evenings, from the time I get up until the time I go to work, I'm with the girls. I can't go downstairs to the treadmill and/or Wii because the girls are 2 and 4 and I can't just tell them to look after themselves! I can't take them with me...the downstairs is not exactly kid proof. Bones would be fine, but Berio? Well, let's just say my workout would consist of chasing her around! It's too cold to bike. I could bundle everyone up and take them for a walk, but they don't like riding in the stroller for any length of time these days. And letting them walk means I'd have to walk for hours for it to do much good. It's hard. And I don't like things that are hard.

So, today...I had all of these same challenges and yet I managed to get in a 20 minute lower body/ab workout! Yay! That's 2 APs today :-)

What did I do? Well, my computer is in the living room. So I logged onto Youtube and searched for Sparkpeople workouts. They have quite a few on there. I did two lower body ones and one ab one. Bones joined me for part of one and then the girls went to jump on Berio's bed (it's still just a mattress on the floor - it's practically not even dangerous!) while I finished. Ta Daaaa!

Now I just need to figure out how to nap with both of them here ;-)

1 comment:

Juice said...

Way to go! That is awesome that you found a way to make that happen!