Friday, October 31, 2008

Well, that was ugly

Yesterday was a bad food day. I couldn't even tell you how many points I had because I didn't count. But, I was in a rush in the morning so I had a couple of sweet and salty granola bars for breakfast...3 points each. Then I had a 1 point WW chocolate bar. Then on the way home from Bones' Halloween party I ate a few of her mini chocolate bars - 2 points each. And this is where it gets scary! I was feeling so tired and not in a I-didn't-get-enough-sleep-last-night kind of way. It was more of a my-whole-entire-body-feels-like-lead thing. I've had this feeling before. It's the feeling I get when I've eaten crap all day and I'm depressed (what comes first the binge or the depression?) All I want to do is crawl into my bed and sleep.

In an effort to stop the madness, I reheated some chicken and whole wheat pasta that we'd had for dinner the day before and ate that just before lunch. But for some reason, when it was time to pick Bones up at lunch time, I decided to drive to get her and then take the girls to McDonald's. And I was planning on getting myself some LARGE combo since I already felt like crap. We were in the drive thru when I came to my senses and I ordered a kid's meal for the girls to share with an extra order of nuggets (also for them to share since they couldn't decide between a cheeseburger and nuggets) and for myself...a coffee. I still felt like crap, though. We got home and I ended up eating part of their lunch. I wasn't doing it mindfully. I was back in out of control mode.

In the afternoon I ate more mini chocolate bars. I probably ate ten or so. And wouldn't you know it, there were four kinds in the box, and I only ate the ones that were 2 points instead of the ones that were 1 point!

We were making pita pizzas for dinner but we were out of olives so I said I'd go to the store. And of course, I battled the urge to get food to eat in my van...a quick burger, an order of the delicious (deep fried) spring rolls from the restaurant in the mini-mall that I was at or something from the grocery store bakery. I did none of that. I did buy a small bag of chips and ate most of those. I came home and had a couple of pita pizzas and finally at around 11:00 pm I had a skinny cow chocolate popsicle thing.

I think that about covers it.

I'm not sure what that was all about. I think I'm back in control today. I hope so. We'll see.

2 comments:

Juice said...

Oh, I feel for you! I just had one of those days recently. It is in the past, so put it behind you and make today a getting-some-exercise and staying-within-your-points day. Get right back on the horse so that you can continue to lose at next week's weigh in!

Jessica said...

Okay, lets break that down. You went to McDonalds and wanted to order a LARGE combo, but didn't. You went to the grocery store and wanted a deep fried spring roll or something else fast food, but didn't. You had a Skinny Cow icecream instead of chocolate bars.
Look at what you didn't do rather then what you did to. You pushed through the cravings and the urges and made better choices.
I'm still proud of you. If you need someone to help you and hold you accountable (other then WW), I'm here for you. I know you don't know me from Adam, except for my blog, but I want to help. I can give you my number and I can help. I want to help. Email me angelsinhvn3@yahoo.com