Friday, October 24, 2008

A test

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the evening shift (4 p.m. to 1 a.m.) kicks my butt! We ended up working a little late last night so by the time I actually left work it was after 1:30. I live close to work so I was home by 1:50ish but it wasn't until 2:40 that I went to bed. Then...do you think I could sleep??? If you said no, you're right! I refused to look at the clock but I'm sure I was awake (or half awake) for at least an hour after that. And then up for the day at about 7:40. I'm so tired I can barely think. I'm not even exaggerating.

So, the test. Normally when I'm this tired all of my resistance is down. I have no energy or desire to plan and prepare healthy food. Normally, I binge on days like this. And the binge makes me feel even more tired and sluggish. And guilty and like a failure. But not today. Today, I recognize that I'm tired and that this is a dangerous place for me to be, diet-wise. Today, I'm going to make extra certain to take my meds, drink my water and journal every bite. I'm going to plan my meals and snacks right now and I'm going to prepare as much of them as I can right now. And this afternoon, if I can, I'm going to try and sneak in a power nap (contingent on the cooperation of my 2 and a half year old!) to help me get through the day.

I'd love to say that I'll make it an early night, but sadly, I'm working this evening too. I'll get in a good nap tomorrow, hopefully!

*YAWN!!*

No comments: