Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Raise your hand if you're an emotional eater

My husband just told me that he has to be on call next weekend. The weekend that my younger sister is getting married. The weekend that our daughter is going to be a flower girl. Wouldn't be such a big deal if the wedding wasn't three and a half hours away! This means he won't be going. This also means that our youngest daughter won't be going...because there's no way I can keep her happy while doing everything with Bonsie that needs to be done. We have to go to the rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner, Bones has a hair appointment the morning of the wedding, I'd like to be able to enjoy the wedding dinner and dance afterward instead of fighting with Berio the whole time and then having to leave really early, etc., etc.

I'm super bummed about this. We've all been looking forward to this for a long time. And now, it might not happen as we planned.

So, how am I coping? Well, my husband took Bonsie to go and rent a movie and as soon as they left, I started trolling the kitchen. Dinner is as soon as they get back, so it's not like I need to eat right now. And it's not as though I'm consciously doing it in response to this bad news. I just feel angry and disappointed and sad. And I guess I've trained myself to soothe those feelings away with snacks. The problem is, if I'm not soothing myself with food, then I guess the alternative is to just feel these feelings. And I don't want to feel angry and disappointed and sad.

So now what?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh no! Is there anyone else in the family who can help? A cousin that would love to spend time with a little one... maybe an incentive to be paid as her caretaker too?

I'm sorry. I'm a stress eater! I've faced it with just trying to be sure I'm making better choices while doing it.

KB said...

I hope you were able to have a good weekend despite a change in plans!