Thursday, August 14, 2008

Frankly, my dear...

I don't believe I'm going to figure this out. I know that to figure it out, I have to believe I can. But I'm caught here, in this place where I don't care enough to save my own life. It's exactly like that episode of Grey's Anatomy where Meredith gets knocked into the river and doesn't swim. Only I'm not already rail thin, or a doctor, or dating Patrick Dempsey...but other than that, it's the same.

I guess the trick now, is to make myself give a damn. How do I do that?

3 comments:

tejanamama2be said...

You would never sink like meredith! Think of it that way! ;) As a fellow pudge, I enjoy your posts and hope you will post again more frequently. It is hard and an ongoing struggle. I have yoyo'd so much and had good streaks and bad ones. You will have a good one soon! I don't know that we are ever without the bad ones....you take the good with the bad and aim to make the bad ones shorter than the long ones!!! HANG IN THERE and keep posting and keep making efforts. Enough of those really do start to make a difference and one good decision leads to more!! **hugs**

Jessica said...

Think of yourself on a wave. You will have up's and downs. Know that when your down, going up isn't that far away.

Becky said...

I completely understand how you feel! I've felt that way all summer. It's hard to care sometimes, when you try and try and still can't get it "right." I had to take a good, honest look at myself and accept some things I didn't like at all. You just stick with it, until you find what works for you. Good luck!