Friday, August 1, 2008

Do it or die

I was just browsing around at Sparkpeople and I came across this quote, "...if you needed kidney dialysis you'd find the time for it or die. If you had cancer you'd make the time for chemo and radiation or die. A virtual gun is to your head in those two scenarios and you respond accordingly, making the other items in your life's agenda secondary. Until you assign optimum physical conditioning a similar level of urgency you'll make convenient excuses as to why you can't (or won't) find or make the time for it. Convince yourself you will literally die unless you do it. Who knows, it may very well be true."

It's a quote that the spark person found somewhere else, so I really don't know gets the credit for saying it. But it's so true, don't you think?

2 comments:

Watty said...

Wow, that is deep.

I will ask my mom about the jerky, but it's mainly meat sliced pretty thin (like 1/4") and used seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic, and whatever, then she tossed em on skewers, and hung them in the oven on a low temp for a few hours

Kelly said...

Wow!

I love SparkPeople, it's how I keep track of my exercise and weekly weigh-ins.

I am PROUD of your continued activity! Riding your bike AND swimming! This is great, you're an inspiration to me.