Thursday, July 31, 2008

Food is love

My house is a mess. Well, it's not that bad...but there's stuff to be done, that's for sure. I've been kind of lazy lately. Not sure what that's all about but I'm starting to feel better, I think. In fact, I already did a 15 minute workout from Sparkpeople and am planning on taking the girls out for a bike ride as soon as I get my arse in gear.

I've been irritated with my mother-in-law lately because she brings over entire bags of cookies (among other things) for the girls practically every time she comes over...and who do you think eats it all?? My husband told her to stop it and I guess she told him, "Just tell yourself to just have one today and one tomorrow, etc." Pretty sure if we could easily do that we wouldn't have close to 200 lbs between the two of us to lose! Don't get me wrong, I love this woman. Love, love, love her. She's great to me and my family and my girls adore her...but she's old school, you know? Food = love. And she REALLY loves us! Anyway, I think she got the point for now. We'll probably go through this again in six months, though.

My own mother hasn't even been to my house in six months or more. That's another story for another day, though.

I'd better get moving. I just told Bonsie that we'd go out for a bike ride, so I guess I'm committed now!

No comments: