Thursday, May 8, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back

I weighed in last night and was up a pound. I'm not surprised and actually am happy that it wasn't more. I didn't get here overnight and I'm not going to lose all the weight overnight.

I'm so tired. I worked late last night and didn't get home until 2:30! I was in bed by 3ish and luckily my husband didn't have to go into work right away this morning so I was able to sleep until 9:30. I need more sleep than that!!!! You'd think I'd be used to sleep deprivation what with Berio only just recently beginning to sleep through the night. Speaking of my baby, Berio, she turned TWO yesterday! Wow. Time flies. It's so fun to watch her personality emerge. She's SO her father's daughter it's not even funny! She gets is so easily frustrated and when she loses her temper she really loses it :-) That makes my husband seem like a big, mean baby! He's not. He's got a pretty long fuse, but when it's lit it burns quickly.

I really need to go grocery shopping. Sticking with any weight loss program really is dependent on being prepared. When I have my meals planned out and my kitchen is stocked with healthy foods, healthy eating is easy. I'm less likely to finish the box of Kraft Dinner that I made for the girls for lunch, I'm less likely to eat the chocolate that's always out at work and I'm less likely to go on a fast food run. Planning is very important. So, that's my plan for today. I plan to plan. I'm going to go through my cookbooks and find some healthy recipes, I'm going to get them together and make up a shopping list and I'm going to take two steps forward.

P.S. You may notice that I've changed my short term goal to 10lbs instead of 26. I decided to do that because I think my short term goals need to be even smaller so that I feel like I'm making progress. Plus, dividing the weight up into tenths makes losing a hundred pounds seem more doable. I'm almost one tenth of the way there! See? It works :-)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Good for you! I hope you are able to catch up on your sleep on Mother's Day! Happy Birthday to your baby girl.
I like small goals too. They are much more attainable and when you reach them, you feel so much better!