Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's kinda like being in fat person hell...

So, today I had to practice maintaining control of someone who was unconscious by getting them from a sitting position to their stomachs so that they could be handcuffed. I started off behind them (because I was the one who rendered them unconscious) and had to ROLL ON TOP of them and NOT use my own hands to break my fall. And my partner was a little stick girl. I mean seriously...if she weighed a hundred pounds, I would be surprised. Okay...110, tops. Now. I'm a little self-conscious about my weight (we'll just call that the understatement of the year) and the mere thought of putting all of my weight on Twiggy was horrifying to me. I looked at the trainer and said, "Um...I don't think I can do this without hurting her." He assured me that I wouldn't hurt her. I balked. And he offerred to work with me. Which was better - still not ideal - lets face it, because I have all my weight including that EXTRA 93 lbs lying on some strange man. This torture went on for about an hour and a half this afternoon and is apparently scheduled to continue in the morning. Yay.

Luckily tomorrow is the last day. And once I'm done, I'm done for a few years.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at your post. I've been there myself (well not fake handcuffing). Good luck on your last day and I hope it flies by.

Lisa said...

It was kind of funny. Not so much at the time, though!