Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I had to smallen my belt today." is what I said to my husband. Yep. That's what I said.

My mother in law has a nasty habit of bringing over cakes and cookies and other treats for the girls when she comes to babysit. I have no problem with her bringing a couple of cookies, but she will sometimes bring over a whole big bag of Chips Ahoy! And let's face it, I'm not in control enough (yet) to have that kind of stuff lying around. And, for a treat, it's fine...but the girls don't NEED to have cookies every day. They are not underfed...trust me! Bonsie's been above the curve on the growth charts since the day she was born! By the time she was two months old she was 18 pounds. Seriously. And that, more than anything is what has convinced me that weight, to a great extent, is determined by genetics. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that my family is destined to be fat forever so we might as well eat whatever we want. No, what I'm saying is that even when we eat healthy foods in normal portion sizes we're going to be bigger than average. We're not ever going to be Twiggy thin. And really, who'd want that anyway? I can't wait until I'm strong and full of energy! But I also enjoy being curvy and soft.

So, back to the cookies. Yesterday my mother-in-law brought over some cookies for the girls. There were some left in a bag on the counter last evening. And I ate one...and then I ate 4 Ritz Bits crackers....and I was about to break into the animal crackers (why did I buy those things!!!!!!!?????) when my husband came upstairs. And saved me from certain disaster! I was hungry because I didn't all my meals and snacks during the day. And it had been a long, busy day and I was tired and feeling like I needed something. And feeling quite out of control, if you want to know the truth. And I was seriously thinking of just saying, "Screw it! I'll start again tomorrow!" But, mostly because my husband was there, I had some homemade soup and some nuts instead of throwing in the towel. And then I went to bed. And today, I'm much better :-)

Last but not least, yesterday at work I was walking down a hallway and I noticed that my shirt was untucked...because my pants were falling down...because my belt was too loose. So I had to adjust it. That's the first time I've had to adjust my belt to make it smaller in a LONG time. Not making too big a deal about it. But there you go. Something's happening.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations! What a feeling that must be for you. Way to go and keep up the terrific work!

mollyfp123 said...

Congrats!!! Yay!!! That is such exciting news!!! :)

Elisa said...

Congrats! Great job. :)