Wednesday, March 19, 2008

YOU on a Diet

So, I went out and bought another diet book. Yeah, well, like I said before I've already spent $10,000 on trying to lose weight...what's 25 more bucks!

It's actually pretty good. It focuses on the science of the body and finding the right set point weight for your body by eating frequent, whole-food based, balanced meals, drinking water and exercising moderately. It stresses that your waist measurement is more important than your weight.

I haven't read the whole book yet, but I think I like it. And here's something interesting. It mostly seems to be saying things I'd already concluded based on my years and years of "research".

They have a site online too, which seems to have pretty much all of the information that the book does except it's free. Oh well. Even if I'd found the website before I bought the book I would have likely gone and purchased the book anyway. I love books and will use any excuse I can to buy one! Meh. We'll see what happens.

Oh, also...funny story. When I was in the bookstore, there was another lady looking at the "Diet" section at the same time I was. We were both standing there in front of this wall of books, all promising to make us thin and healthy. Both of us had been there before and neither of us had any clue what we were looking for this time (I could just tell...). It struck me as funny and kind of sad at the same time. And just then, we looked at each other and we both started laughing. She said, "I don't know why I even come here." And I replied, "I know...I don't really believe any of it, anyway." And we each went on our way. Books in hand.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Try this website www.mckenna.com. He had a special on TLC on Sunday and it will run for 6 weeks. I've started it and it's incredible. No beating yourself up.

K said...

How did you spend $10,000 on trying to lose weight?