Sunday, March 9, 2008

Shift Work, Birthdays and Getting Back on Track

I'm a shift worker. There's no third shift so I either work from 8am-5pm or 4:30pm-1:30am. Whenever I work the late shift, I end up blowing whatever eating plan I happen to be following to hell! The "no eating after 8:00pm" thing is particularly difficult when I'm on evenings. So, I've been doing pretty good for the past week or so but I had an evening shift on Friday and I blew it after work. I probably ate enough calories for another entire meal! That sent me into a tailspin for the past couple of days, including today. So...here's the new plan. No eating after 8:00 PM UNLESS I'm working an evening shift. On those days I MUST have a healthy, sustaining snack between 10 and 11 PM. This will hopefully keep me from bingeing when I get home. 'Nuff said about that.

Next up, birthdays! Today is mine! I'm 37 today :-) I've never had a problem with getting older. I get better every year, so why would I have a problem with it? I can't wait for this coming year! I will continue to improve and by this time next year I will be even closer to where I want to be...I'll be EVEN BETTER than I am now...that's pretty awesome!

Yep. Back on track now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Belated! I hope you had a great day.
Don't beat yourself up. We all have moments of weakness, but it sounds like you realized what was happening and made a plan to change it next time. Way to go!

Kelly said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday! I wish I had seen your blog on the big day!
I think your plan to include a snack on those shift days is a smart one.

I love your reasons post above it as well.

Keep up the great work!