Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Motivation

I listed some of the excuses that have held me back a few posts ago. Now I'm going to list some of things that are currently motivating me to lose weight.

I have two daughters. I don't want them to battle the way I have. I want to figure this out and set a good example for them. I don't want them to be embarrassed by having the "fat mom".

I don't want to look like a joke at work. I'm in the security business and I wear a uniform to work.

I want to be comfortable doing my job.

I want to stop being in pain. My knees have been really bothering me lately. Same with my back, hips and ankles. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I want to shop in normal sized clothing stores.

I want to stop being embarrassed by my own husband seeing me naked.

I want to have more energy.

I want to look younger and hotter.

I want to live.

5 comments:

wRitErsbLock said...

I would add "I want to not have such a tight fit when I ride the roller coasters" to the list, for my own list.

Good luck! You can do it! And so can I.

Jessica said...

That would be my list as well (except the daughters).

K said...

Let me tell you a quick little story...once when I was 31 or so, I went on a medication that (as a side effect) made me lose a ton of weight. I lost 50 pounds and was the lowest weight and smallest size I had been since I was 12. I thought it would change the world for me. I thought I would be happier. I thought I would be less shy. It didn't change anything EXCEPT the type of things on your list. I felt better, I could walk no problem, I had no joint pain, etc. So, bravo for you for being able to disassociate happiness and thiness.

mollyfp123 said...

I agree with Kiki. When my May baby was an infant, I had to remove dairy, soy, soda, spicy foods, and acidic foods from my diet to help him with his reflux. I was grumpy and miserable but I had to stick to the diet or he would become really sick. I missed pizza and ice cream a lot. I still ate enough calories, but I lost weight quickly. I don't want to get into the numbers but I was very small. I thought I'd be happier but I wasn't at all. I was definitely healthier though. Best wishes.

Lisa said...

I'm glad you said that Kiki, because I really AM a happy lady! I love my kids, my husband, my home and my job isn't so bad either! I'm shy, but people do tend to like me IRL because I'm pretty easygoing and fair. Not to toot my own horn, or anything...but it is my blog ;-)