Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I started this post at work the other day...

Don't eat sugar for a few days and then go and walk down the baking isle at the grocery store...wowsers! It smelled so good! I can't remember the last time something smelled sweet. Weird.

I've been feeling pretty awesome lately. I have more energy, my mood seems more stable than it has in awhile and I'm actually enjoying finding ways to eat healthily (healthfully? - great, now they both look wrong). I've been heading towards healthy eating for quite some time. It all started when Bonsie was born, actually. Or more precisely when she started eating solids. I didn't want to put anything that was not healthy into that little body. I made most of her baby food because I wanted to know what was going into it. I'm still doing it. My bread maker, for instance, has gotten more use in the past 6 months than it ever has. I've started making my own jam because I can control the amount of sugar in it. I rarely buy canned soup anymore. I just make a big pot of pea soup, chicken soup or minestrone and freeze it in lunch sized portions.



And that's as far as I got with that one. I just don't feel like finishing it now so it's going in just like that.

No comments: