Sunday, March 23, 2008

I guess you know there's no Easter Bunny now, right?

When I was ten and my little brother was eight, we woke up on Easter morning and ran to the living room to see what the Easter Bunny had brought us. We looked high and low and didn't find a thing. We went into our mom's room to wake her and found her passed out cold. We woke her up and she told us there was no such thing as the Easter Bunny and that our treats were still in the car.

I tell this story (with both a lot more detail and a lot more emotion!) to my husband every year.

It's sad, huh?

3 comments:

Elisa said...

that is sad!

I'll be reading this w/ interest as I have my own weight to lose and also have daughters who are almost 2 and 4. ;)

K said...

So sad!!! I am so sorry for you.

Lisa said...

Yeah...it's sad. I definitely have "mommy issues". :-) But you know, I included it here for one reason. To remind myself that, yeah, crappy things happened but they shouldn't have anything to do with what I put on my plate today...you know?