Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Excuses

I have a million excuses why I gained and/or haven't lost weight. Here are some:

My parents are fat. It's genetic.
I'm nursing. Everyone knows a nursing body won't let go of extra fat!
I'm taking Celexa.
I'm too busy to make time for me.
I just can't eat vegetables...Yuck!
If I lose too much weight my boobs will sag to the floor.
If I lose too much weight I'll have loose skin.
I've had two babies. Of course I have some extra weight.
And while I was pregnant - I'm eating for two!
I'm depressed. Depressed people eat!
My mom has hypothyroidism. I probably do too.
I can't NOT eat, I have blood sugar issues.
I was abused as a child. I keep the extra fat as insulation.
My husband prefers a little meat on his women.

You get the idea. Pretty lame, I know. And although some of the above may make it more difficult for me to lose the weight, none of them really prevent me from doing it.

Let's get real.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work :)

I too have struggled all my life with my weight. I have had 7 babies and am planning on having two more before I am done. I lost all the baby weight after the first two but than number 3 came and the weight just sat there waiting for me to get pregnant again. Than after i had my surrotwins (babies 5 & 6) my husband got sent to Iraq. I was like I have to look hot when my husband comes home. His last memory of me was me at 211 punds 6 months pregentn with twins that were not ours. I started going to the gym with my BFF. We went 5-6 days a week for 2 hours. I had the twins in May and when my husband came home in July I was 150 pounds. Of course that did not last long because 6 months later I was ready to be pregnant again. I just had my surrodaughter (baby #7) in Dec. I went up to 211 again with that pregnancy. Right now I am down to 170. I go to the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours. I want to lose 20 more pounds before July. Than in Aug. we are going to do another cycle and try to make my surrodaughter a big sister. Than a year from the day I have that baby is when my DH and I are going to try for our last baby. Hopefully after I am done having babies the weight will not be such a big issue.

I am defnitly going to watch your progress :)