Saturday, March 29, 2008

Accountability

What a week! I worked evenings on Wednesday. I came home and had some (too many) animal crackers and some of the girls' Easter Chocolate. I decided it wasn't that big a deal...I didn't have much...and I went to bed. The next day I had some more animal crackers (handfuls - several of them) and some more Easter chocolate. This time I wasn't so forgiving. I was beating myself up all day about it. My husband was very sweet. He knows how hard this is for me because he's fighting his own food battle right now. He reminded me that I was further ahead even with this slip up than I would be if I'd not started anything at all. And that I'd had a week of good days and that was nothing to sneeze at! Okay, he didn't actually say, "That's nothing to sneeze at." That would have been weird. But he helped. A lot. Even though I didn't automatically get right back on track I stopped being quite so hard on myself. Whatever...it's a couple of days. No big deal.

So I'm here to confess my transgressions and move on. Really, I was avoiding this place this past week. I just didn't want to come here and do the whole, "I failed again, blah, blah, blah....I'm back on track, blah, blah blah" crap. I hate that. It feels like the story of my life!

But, I'm here. And to be honest, I still don't feel totally back in control of things. But I'm hoping that writing here and possibly having someone read this will give me some accountability. And today, when I feel like eating crap, I think of this place and I'll imagine how much better it will feel to be able to come here and say that I had a good day.

So thanks, to anyone reading this. You're helping :-)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

No one's perfect. There isn't a single person on this planet that doesn't indulge in something when they want to. Put it behind you and move on. Your husband is right. You are ahead of the game by what you've accomplished already. Allow yourself rewards and slack off days, then start again tomorrow. Hang in there.