Monday, February 25, 2008

Has it been a week already?

Wow. Time flies. So much has happened since my last post. Not much of it very interesting...but stuff happened.

There is one incident that is particularly relevant to this blog, though. One day last week some coworkers were making derogatory comments about our overweight boss while I was standing right there. Okay. Am I wrong here? Isn't it a little insensitive to make fun of a fat person when there is another fat person standing right there? Because either I am WAY wrong or they are REALLY insensitive. I mean, I need to lose over one hundred pounds so I'm pretty sure it's not that they don't see me "that way."

I did tell them, in an offhand way, that I thought they were being mean but didn't get into just how hurt I was. And I was hurt. In fact, when I went back to my desk I cried a little. And I was pretty cranky for the rest of the day. Wow. I thought I was over this but just typing this is making me cry again. What difference does it make what a person weighs? Sure, it might make me less likely to run a marathon than you but it doesn't make me less intelligent than you.

1 comment:

K said...

Awwwwwww...I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that they don't see you that way. You're probably Lisa to them, not a fat person...I'm sorry it made you sad, though. I hope you feel better.