Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The beginning.

I don't know how it happened. It seems strange to say that it snuck up on me, but it really did. I was an athlete in high school. I was in good shape. Although I didn't participate in organized sports in my twenties, I still thought of myself as athletic, if not an athlete. Even now, in my head, I'm in better shape than your average person who needs to lose a hundred pounds - it's actually more than that, but we'll start with a hundred. Obviously there's some denial at work because I just have no idea how I got here.

But...here I am. I need to lose 100 pounds. So, journalling is supposed to be good, right? Being held accountable by someone - also good. I figure here I can kill at least those two birds with one stone.

I don't know what this blog will actually consist of; progress pictures, what I've eaten (maybe, but really who wants to read that?), exercise I've done, daily bitching about how I hate dieting, my dieting and not-dieting to date. In general, figuring it out.

So. Here I go. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Who wants to go for a walk?

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Lisa,
I just wanted to say "good luck"! It IS a journey, and you'll have valleys, steep hills and LOTS Of beautiful vistas! I think a food diary is a great idea for you. It really helps keep you on course. Check out http://mrs-furious.blogspot.com/ She has a lot of healthy, yummy recipe ideas!

Kelly said...

Lisa,

Yeah! I think this is a great idea to share how things go for you as you emabark on this new journey!

I'll be checking back for sure!

K said...

You GO! I know what you mean about the extra poundage. I need to lose 75...it's amazing how it adds up. sigh...good luck...

Watty said...

You go girl! You need to keep your butt still, so I know where to find you now! LOL